Skip to main content

The Most Beautiful Heart

One day, in a heavily crowded place, a young man began shouting.
“People, look at me. I have the most beautiful heart in the world.”
Many people looked at him and were stunned to see his beautiful heart in a perfect shape, without any flaw. It looked quite amazing. Most of the people who saw his heart were mesmerized by the beauty of his heart, and praised him.
However, there came an old man who challenged the young man, “No my son, I have got the most beautiful heart in the world!”
The young man asked him, “Show me your heart, then!”
The old man showed his heart to him. It was very rough, uneven, and had scars all over. In addition, the heart was not in shape; it appeared like bits and pieces joined in various colours. There were some rough edges; some parts were removed, and fitted with other pieces.
The young man started laughing, and said, “My dear old man, are you mad? See, my heart! How beautiful and flawless it is. You cannot find even a bit of imperfection in my heart. See, yours? It is full of scars, wounds, and blemishes. How can you say your heart is beautiful?”
“Dear boy, my heart is just as beautiful as your heart is. Did you see the scars? Each scar represents the love I shared with a person. I share a piece of my heart with others when I share love, and in return I get a piece of heart, which I fix at the place from where I have torn a piece!” said the old man.
The young man was shocked.
The old man continued, “Since the pieces of heart I shared were neither equal nor in the same shape or size, my heart is full of uneven edges and bits and pieces. My heart is not in shape because sometimes I do not get love in return from those to whom I gave it. Your heart that looks fresh and full with no scars indicates that you never shared love with anybody. Isn’t that true?”
The young man stood still and did not speak a word. Tears rolled down his cheeks. He walked to the old man, tore a piece of his heart and gave the piece to the old man.
Many give importance and respect to physical beauty. Yet, real beauty is not physical!
(Source:http://www.kidsworldfun.com/shortstories_mostbeautifulheart.php)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends of Mine

They are special, They are friends of mine, Who coloring my life canvas with thousand rainbows, even in the winter... when the snowstorm said hello out side the window, and the Holland's skies were gray, it's my friends who make the snow turns to sunlight, and bring blue to my sky. *( Hanya berselang beberapa jam dari Mario Teguh. Melintas bayangan kebersamaan dari Manggarai-Bandung, Manggarai-Depok, Soekarno-Hatta-Schiphol, Amsterdam-Zurich, Eindhoven-Paris, Nijmegen-Achen,etc...! With love and laugh, for sure...... )

Sampai Jumpa, Angga

Sabtu pagi, 24 Mei 2020, pukul 07.22 ia masih melakukan panggilan video ke ponselku, namun tak terangkat. Kami bertemu dalam panggilan video selanjutnya melalui ponsel ibuku sekitar pukul 09.00 di rumah Jatra, rumah yang melengkapi puzzle masa kecilnya, rumah tempat ia pulang tiga tahun lalu. Ada yang berbeda pada wajahnya di lebaran pertama itu. Lebih tirus dan pasi. Kulihat kilauan buliran keringat di keningnya. Rambutnya basah. Jelas ia sedang tidak begitu sehat. Pun begitu, setiap kata, senyum, dan deraian tawanya tetap menyegarkan. Kami saling memohon maaf. Ia berbicara sambil merangkul maminya.  "Uni, maafkan Angga lahir batin ya, Ni. Insyaallah kita nanti ketemu di Jambi,"ucapnya sembari melambaikan tangan gempalnya.  "Iya. Uni tunggu, ya." "Insyaallah, Ni,"pungkasnya sebelum ia menepi dan membiarkan maminya berbicara. Sapa, maaf, dan tawa mengalir ke satu-persatu pasukan Pakis 74.  "Uni, bisakan kami nginap di ru

The Women with Beatific Smiles

My world was filled with thousand of rainbows' colors when I saw those beatific smiles that night. I learn much from these women.